Join Our Team
Sugarbloom Bakery is a 6-year-old bakery located in Eagle Rock / Glassell Park and we produce and deliver the best croissants and viennoiseries in LA. Our chef/owner Sharon Wang worked for Thomas Keller for nearly a decade and was head pastry chef at Bouchon in both Napa Valley and Beverly Hills. We are operational 7 days a week and our pastries are available for sale at 50+ locations throughout the greater LA area.
Our commissary is located at 4126 Verdugo Rd near York Blvd in Glassell Park/Eagle Rock and is serviced by Metro bus lines 28, 83, 183, and 685. Free parking in a gated lot is available to all employees.
Employer-sponsored (subsidized) health insurance plus dental and vision are available for full-time employees. Paid time off available to full-time employees after one year.
We are looking for experienced bakers for our 1:45 am to 10:15 am morning bake shift. Being able to work weekends and holidays is essential. Pay depends on prior experience and demonstrated ability.
Ability and initiative will be rewarded with additional responsibility and career advancement.
- Prior professional or commercial bakery experience required
- Be hardworking, responsible, reliable, and possess a sense of urgency
- Cleanliness, organization, and knowledge of kitchen procedures are essential
- Be able to bend, stoop, and reach plus frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and good basic math skills
- Be ego-free, team-oriented, and possess a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Must be available to work Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays
- California Food Handler Card required
Email your resume in plain text or PDF format (no Microsoft Word files, please) to email@example.com to apply.